Brancoveanu Monastery, Sambata de Sus - Constantin Brancoveanu (1688-1714), the ruler of Wallachia built this monastery in 1696, on the place of a church from 1654; to ensure that orthodoxy survives Roman catholicity.
Pelisor Castle - The castle was built between 1899-1903 by the order of King Carol I for the future King Ferdinand and Queen Maria. Until the completion of the castle the young couple lived in Foisor castle.
Peles Castle- The castle in Peles Valley, the summer residence of Romanian royalty, was built during the rule of Carol I (1866-1914) and today it is an important national monument of XIX century Europe.
The Fagaras Citadel, located in the midway between Brasov and Sibiu, held a dominant strategic position in Southern Transylvania during The Middle Ages. It was built at the end of the 15th century, on the place of an older fortification made of timber and earth.
The Rupea Fortress - located at 30 km from Brasov on the way to Sighisoara, the fortification was built on a basalt rock which is a natural monument. It has a history of over 2000 years; it has passed through various transformations and improvements over the years.
There are several pools and lakes around Brasov specially designated for fishing enthusiasts and for professionals. You can fish the following species of fishes: carp, crucian carp, chub, pike, catfish, pike, rapacious carp, perch and rudd.
Bowling ... something new to Brasov. There are two clubs in Brasov with 6 bowling ... furnished with the latest generation. If you tired of bowling, you can recreate at a table pool or table tennis with friends
For tourists or locals who want to try a new sport, in Brasov area are open two centers. One of the oldest riding centers in the country is located in Poiana Brasov. Center holds Lipizzaner horse breeds, Hutsuls, Light Heavyweight category and even ponies for children.
Paintball - most popular and challenging team building activities in the mountains remain a Paintball, airsoft site, shooting your gun, bow and also flying fox, rappelling, climbing for those who want a lot of adrenaline and fun.
"Parc Aventura" Brasov opened on the 15th of May 2008. The Adventure Park is a new concept of leisure in open air in Romania, which comprises 100 workshops (games), divided in 8 routes with progressively difficult degrees.
The Paradis Acvatic Complex opened its gates on the 23rd of July 2007 in Brasov. Whether in summer or in winter, here, you can benefit, from modern pools, covered or in open air, water slides, as well as football and tennis courts.
Citadel, Brasov Fortress - In 1524 a semi-circle tower was built here, and then the place was surrounded by a wall. In 1529 in the midst of the battle between John I and Ferdinand, the town of Brasov took king Ferdinand's side.
The First Romanian School also located there, hosts several objects in the history of printing such as old manuscripts, first editions and several works printed by Deacon Coresi. A classroom hosts an exhibition dedicated to Brasov’s youths.
Blacksmith's Bastion - An unkept building stood on this place as early as 1521. It was twice damaged by floods, first in 1526 than after reconstruction, in 1667. 21 yeas later, in 1668, it was devastated by the Great Fire.
The Orthodox Synagogue was built in 1926 and it is the synagogue of the followers of the Mosaic religion. Because of the looting and destruction during the inter-bellum period the synagogue was closed.
The Furriers' Bastion was built around 1452 and the city assigned the furriers' guild to its protection. The semi-circle shaped building faced the Drapers' Bastion to which it was connected by a corridor on the outside wall.
Draper Bastion - The Drapers' Bastion was built by the goldsmith guild during 1450-1455. In 1640 that the weavers' guild took over the bastion. The circle shaped fortress is 16 meters in diameter and 19 m high.
Saint Nicholas Church - The building of the church in the Bolgárszeg suburb started in 1495 with the support of Vlad Calugaru, ruler of Muntenia. It was built on the place of an older church from 1292.
Saint John Church - The date the church of the Franciscan nuns was built is unknown. In the 1530s the order was expelled from town, and the whole curch as well as the monatery was emptied and later on used as a granary. The fire in 1689 left only the walls standing.
The Black Church - The imposing building in the centre of Brasov was built during the 14-15th century. The construction started in 1383. The proportions of the Gothic Church laid out on the construction plan were huge: 89m long, 38m wide and 42m high.
Museum of Brasov comprise with several rare collections, Mureseni House Museum keeps numerous time’s testimonies among. The first Romanian political newspaper, “The Gazette of Transylvania” has been publishing since 1838.
The Consil House (Casa Sfatului) - Though an agreement was made in 1420 that a room should be built over the furrier's arches, for town councillors, the 1421 Turkish invasion caused a delay. The building is mentioned as Praetorium in a 1503 document.
White tower is right next to Ecaterina's gate and was built in between 1827 and 1828 in order to let through heightened traffic. Ecaterina's gate was built up then and since then used as storage. The stone and brick gate built in classical style has three openings.
Black Tower - The Black tower is an 11 meter high massive tower with a glass roof constructed in 1995. It was built in the XIVth century and survived two fires caused by lightning. After the first fire (1599) the tower was named The Black Tower.
Scheii Brasovului - the oldest and most spiritual part of the city, keeps with sanctity the ancient testimonies of Brasov civilization since the Dacian era. The ancient inhabitants were skillful merchants passing through Moldavia and Walachia as well as Egypt or Syria.
Schei Gate (Poarta Schei) is right next to Ecaterina's gate and was built in between 1827 and 1828 in order to let through heightened traffic. Ecaterina's gate was built up then and since then used as storage.
The Rope Street (Strada Sforii) - The alley between Cerbului and Poarta Schei Streets is already mentioned by documents dating from the XVII th century as a street which aided the work of firefighters. Since then it has become one of the curiosities in town.
Piata Sfatului - the former Markplatz square obtained its right to held markets in 1520, but it has been the place for annual markets since 1364 being visited by merchants from the country and abroad. The houses surrounding the square speak of a rich history.